Comprehensive List of All Sustainable Features
• The wetland acts as a retention area with an overflow
connection only to the municipal stormwater sewer.
• Recycled pavers laid on gravel in plaza and compacted
gravel paths allow the water to percolate to ground water
• No pesticides used
• Only organic fertilizers used
• Retention of old shade trees on site
• All areas are wheelchair accessible
• Seating is grouped for those that want to enjoy social
• Picnic tables provide for group interaction
• The wall of the oval provides seating while watching
children play junior soccer, other games, as well as at the
annual Equinox Festival in September
• Berm along the main road cuts noise, pollution and visually
separates the experience of the park from a busy road.
• The promotes social interaction of all ages in the
international university community
• Low maintenance with only a few varieties of hardy plants
• Berm along the main road is planted with sheep fescue,
a slow growing grass,
which is only mowed once a year in September
• Low voltage lighting, built into the seating wall, is controlled
by a light sensor to come on only during night time.
• Low emission irrigation system is used only in periods of
drought and operated by a battery driven computer.